Community Beam Inc. (CBI) is a community-managed Non-Profit Organisation. CBI is working to improve social and development challenges faced by CALD (Culturally and Linguististicaly Diverse) people in Australia. CBI was founded to serve Melbourne immigrants. Our heart is in supporting community-led and initiated projects in Australian diaspora and beyond.
The registered purposes of the association are:
- To support people from CALD (Culturally and Linguistically Diverse) background to address issues that relate to parenting, family violence, health and disability.
- To Provide cultural advice and support to other agencies working with CALD people
- To promote engagement of CALD people with other services
Seek together, simple and realistic ways to combat social ills. Strengthen CALD Youth, families and communities in regional and Commonwealth diaspora. Explore the prevalence and incidences of individual hindrances and community specific needs; then be involved in mapping the availability for appropriate resources. CBI commits to programs illuminating on:
- Gender specific reproductive and sexual health
- Family violence
- Health, bereavement and disability
- Roles, responsibilities and culture
- Isolation, boredom and stress
- Gender, sexuality and identity
- Personal education and development